Smoothies are one of the quickest, easiest and most fun ways to help your children work towards eating up to two of their five portions of fruit and veg a day. Our smoothie can be made with lots of different fresh or frozen fruits. But the best bit is, you can let the children experiment with the fruit and help choose, peel and chop.
What you need
- A blender
- 100ml of ice – cold semi-skimmed milk per child (use whole milk if they’re under 2 years old)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of plain yogurt per child
- A generous handful of your chosen fruit per child
Six steps to the perfect smoothie
- Check none of your children has allergies to the fruit or milk
- Make sure all fruit is cleaned, peeled and chopped
- Add the milk and yogurt
- Put the fruit into a blender or bowl
- Put the lid on the blender and blend for 10 — 15 seconds, until the mixture is smooth but not too runny. Or use a hand blender and carefully blend the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into glasses and serve!